The Jō is one of the most important training weapons available for most any style of martial arts. The Kensho Jō is handcrafted in the Pacific Northwest from high-quality hardwoods to precise dimensions for a perfectly straight Jō. Wood colors and grains naturally vary, therefore, wood finish appearance may vary.
- Length: 50 1/4″ (1.28 m); custom lengths available (contact us for information)
- Diameter: 1″ (2.54 cm) or 1-1/16″ (2.70 cm)
- Woods: Hard Maple and Hickory are standard; Tiger Wood, American White Oak, Purple Heart, Jatoba, and other woods available (contact us for information)
- Finish: Smooth, light finish is standard; Polyurethane finish available for an additional $25.00 (may delay shipping by 3-5 business days)
- IMPORTANT: Due to the length of this product, special shipping arrangements are necessary. Please contact us to arrange shipping or pickup for this item. Also, we will gladly craft a Bō to your specifications of length, diameter, and wood type. Please contact us for pricing.
The product ordered from this page is made from Hard Maple or Hickory wood, 50 1/4″ in length and 1″ in diameter. Contact us to order other variations.
WARNING REGARDING MARTIAL ARTS WEAPONS
Weapons are sold only for training under expert supervision, demonstration, collection, or display. Weapons should not be used for sparring or contact. Inspect weapons before each use to ensure they are in proper condition. Do not use this product if the weapon is found to be compromised in any way as it would create an unsafe condition. Use and misuse of Martial Arts weapons involve serious risks, including injury, disability, and death. The buyer, user, and/or participant assumes all risk of injury and damage from any use.
Anyone under 18 years of age is prohibited from purchasing weapons without parental consent.
Sales of certain items are governed by local, state, federal, and international law. It is the buyer’s responsibility to check all applicable laws concerning the use, ownership, legal age, and possession of any product offered by Kensho International. Weapons and items over 42” cannot be sent out of the United States. Some weapons may be prohibited in your area. Please check state statutes and local ordinances before ordering. By purchasing any item, the buyer warrants compliance with all local, state, federal, and international law, including that the buyer is legally able to purchase and sell all items being purchased from Kensho International.
The buyer indemnifies Kensho International, its owners, managers, and employees, from any and all liability, including any claim of injury or damages, related to the improper, illegal, unintended use, or modification of weapons sold through the website or catalog. All risk of injury and damage is assumed by the buyer.